Summer Art Studio 2021
(June 7 – July 30)
For questions, please email email@example.com. Need-Based Scholarships are available; click here for a PDF application.
Thank you to all who joined us for Summer Art Studio this summer! Check back soon for our digital show of your artist’s work.
Creative Construction Learning Lab with Terre Haute Children’s Museum
August 5 | 8:00AM – 5:30PM | 1st-6th Grade
Construction is fun and can seem crazy, but really there is a method to the madness and simple machines make that possible. Use these everyday tools to solve problems, put them to use in the build it project, and create art. This lab is brought to you by Terre Haute Children’s Museum.
Artists will be dropped off at the Children’s Museum and walked to the Swope from 9am-11am for a two hour construction inspired art project. They will then return to the Children’s Museum to finish out their lab.
To register, please visit: https://thchildrensmuseum.com/learninglab5/
To volunteer for Summer Art Studio, please reach out to our Communication Manager, Sami Ginoplos.
All artists, instructors, and volunteers must wear masks for the duration of all studios. Studio capacity is limited to 12 artists per outdoor studios, and 10 artists per indoor studios to allow us to safely distance the students. Artists will get their own personal supplies that they will maintain throughout the week. Bathrooms are cleaned on the hour. In the event that an artist, instructor, or volunteer is sick, they should not come to class. Keeping our participants safe is a top priority while still offering an enriching art experience this summer.
GENERAL INFORMATION about SAS
Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons. – Al Hirshfeld
Participate in a week-long art adventure. Visit our permanent and temporary exhibitions and become inspired. Learn alongside our experienced art educators. Experiment with new materials and take home a work of art each day. Projects are geared towards your artist’s educational and artistic needs. Be sure to register early as space is limited.
- Studios are designed for artists ages 4 – 18
- Sessions take place Monday – Friday
- Sessions are from 9 – 11 AM and 12 – 2 PM
- Low instructor-to-artist ratio
- Maximum of 12 artists per session
- All art supplies are included
- Variety of studio offerings
Registration opens in April. Studio sizes are limited to 12 artists in June and 10 artists in July and are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
$70 Swope members / $90 Public Non-members
Payment is due in full at the time of registration. Studio sessions are subject to cancellation if there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, artists will be notified and refunded in full.
FINANCIAL AID OPPORTUNITIES are available every year!
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Pick up and drop off will be at Hawthorne Park in June, and Education Center at Swope Art Museum in July.
- All artists must be signed in and out, by a grown-up daily. Artists will only be released to individuals on your Pick-Up form. Please be prepared to show an ID.
- Artists participating in a morning session arriving before 8:45 AM must be accompanied by a grown-up and will be asked to wait until instructor is ready. Artists must be picked up by 11:30 AM.
- Artists participating in an afternoon session arriving before 11:45 AM must be accompanied by a grown-up and will be asked to wait until instructor is ready. Artists must be picked up by 2:30 PM.
There will be no food provided. Artist’s are encouraged to bring their own personal water bottles. Water will be provided. Please encourage artists to eat and use the restroom before attending. Restrooms will be available and will be sanitized on the hour.
Questions? Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions page: https://www.swope.org/SAS-FAQ
If you still have questions, feel free to reach out to us at the contact below! We are always happy to help!
Thank you for being patient and understanding with us during this unique time.