The Alliance of the Swope

The Alliance of the Swope was founded in 1952 by the Mmes. P.E. Allen, Oscar Baur, George Carroll, Alfred Cornell, Ward Hubbard, F. Burch Ijams, and Ralph O. Yeager. Their key goal was to promote the Museum’s exhibition programming, whether by serving as volunteer hostesses, docents, or sponsoring fundraising events.

Since that time, the Alliance has been indispensable in aiding the Museum as it fulfills its mission, supporting the Museum’s exhibitions and programming while creating additional learning opportunities for Alliance members. The Alliance of the Swope is a fun way for members of the community to be introduced to the world of art and meet with like-minded people.

The Alliance meets on the third Friday of the month, September through May, with the exception of December. The group gathers for coffee, refreshments, and lots of good conversation at 11:00 and then conducts a brief business meeting at 11:30 am.  At 12 noon, the public is invited to join an hour devoted to a topic of interest to artists, art-lovers, and curious minds. A new topic is introduced monthly, and everyone is welcome. Click on Programs for a list of Alliance of the Swope Presents programs for this year. Meetings are held at the Swope, with the exception of the May meeting. Annual Alliance dues are $25 plus your choice of Museum membership.

For further membership information, or to join, please attend a meeting or contact the Museum at 812.238.1676.

Officers 2017/2018

President Jane Morse

Vice-President Cathie Laska

Treasurer Elisabeth Friedman

Secretary Pat McIntyre

Advocacy Eileen Prose

 

(L to R) Elisabeth Friedman, Cathie Laska, Jane Morse. Not pictured: Pat McIntyre and Eileen Prose.