Each year the Swope hosts more than 10,000 visitors and provides engaging programs to nearly 5,000 school children — all for free — making certain that every member of our community has access to the transformative experiences of art.
Make your museum, your community, and your world a better place—it’s amazing what member support can do.
If you have questions, please contact us by phone
at 812.238.1676 ext. 37 or by email Michelle Adler, Development Assistant.
Members Help to Support:
- An organization that serves the creative interests of its communities by fostering exploration of art.
- One of the first accredited museums in Indiana. The Swope has been continuously accredited since 1972.
- An organization committed to creating positive visitor experiences for our broadening audiences.
- Invitations to museum events and exhibitions.
- 10% discount on merchandise and Summer Youth Art Program art classes.
- Advance notice of special events and programs.
- Reduced admission to selected events.
- Recognition in the Swope’s annual report.
- Subscription to the Museum’s biannual newsletter
- Invitations to join the Swope affiliate groups and further explore your art interest through planned social and educational activities.
Which Member Level is Right for You?
Like to visit other museums? Check out our Sustaining membership, which gives you benefits at hundreds of other museums.
Receive all the membership benefits for two adults and children or grandchildren 17 and under. Spend fun, educational and affordable time with your family while supporting the Swope’s mission.
Receive the benefits of a Dual/Family Membership, plus reciprocal benefits at over 500 cultural institutions across the U.S. through the Swope’s three reciprocal affiliations. Support your Museum while discovering others! Find out which museums are included by clicking the links:
SERM (Southeastern Reciprocal Membership program)
Experience the benefits of a Sustaining Membership. Get the most out of your membership by making the Swope your destination for educational and engaging events and receive recognition on the annual donation wall plaque in the Museum.
Enjoy all benefits through the Sponsor level and receive an invitation to an exclusive reception at a private residence. Share your enjoyment of the Swope by offering a friend or family member a complimentary gift membership.
Director’s Circle $2,500
Support the Swope at this highest level of philanthropic giving, and in addition to all benefits through the Benefactor level, enjoy a private tour of a selected exhibition conducted by the Executive Director.
Gift memberships are perfect for friends and family. Purchase gift memberships by phone by calling 812.238.1676 ext. 37.